Docker Compose is the tool for running multi-container Docker applications. With Docker Compose, you use a YAML document to arrange your application’s administrations. At that point, with a single command, you create and start all the services from your docker-compose.yml file. This is an easy 6 step to install Docker and Docker Compose on Amazon Linux.
sudo yum update -y sudo yum install docker sudo curl -L "https://github.com/docker/compose/releases/download/1.22.0/docker-compose-$(uname -s)-$(uname -m)" -o /usr/local/bin/docker-compose sudo chmod +x /usr/local/bin/docker-compose sudo usermod -a -G docker $USER sudo service docker restart
How does it work?
- update the latest version.
- use yum to install docker
- download and install docker-compose from GitHub repository
- add execute permission to docker-compose
- add the current user to docker group
- restart docker service DONE!!!